Thursday, March 14, 2013

WAHM, or Side income for our family

In honor of my three jobs I will be posting once per week in each of these three categories. 1. Home and Family, 2. Pampered Chef, 3. Childcare/Babysitting

Background:
I have had a few jobs over my lifetime, starting when I was 11 and babysitting my little sister after school. Of course, that was not a paid position. But, I did start making money at 13 when I babysat pretty regularly. Then when  was 15 I got a job filing and setting up samples for the Mary Kay guru of Howard County. (If you're curious as to what level a guru is, just think pink car multiple times over and lots of jewelry!) Her inventory would rival the makeup counter at Macy's. Anyway, I have been working ever since. And now, XX years later I find myself in a very content spot. First of all I am a wife and mother (and that's a job, right?!); secondly, a Pampered Chef consultant (which I will go into more detail below); and thirdly, a child care provider.

I get satisfaction from all three areas, but I wanted to tell whoever is reading this a bit more about Pampered Chef. Now, I am not the top sales leader and gone from home all the time with the business. However, I do have some busier months (like this one) and get to party with new friends while making money. I LOVE to cook, and so it's a natural fit for me to share awesome recipes and cool "power tools" for the kitchen. I started my business in September of 2011. Our daughter, Cakes was 4 months old and we didn't have a lot of extra cash. I was working full time, but not satisfied with my job and the amount of time I was away from my family. So, my first goal was to have a debt free Christmas. I met my goal within the first month and have been having fun ever since. :-)


Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment