Friday, March 8, 2013

Command Center

To go along with my Menu Planning and overall organization of our Living Room/Kitchen space, I came up with a Command Center. It's literally covering the side of the fridge, but it's all color coordinated and lively, because when guests come over the first thing they see of the kitchen is that side of the fridge. The Command Center includes: 1. 4 chore charts (one for each of us-even though Cakes is only 1, she will grow into this and still has her own chores, picking up toys and brushing her teeth) 2. Main Dish box (holds all of the Main Dish cards) 3. Side or Dessert box 4. 7 magnetic clips for each day of the week (I also have a few extra clips for sides/desserts 5. Calendar- completely a wipe board (which is very helpful for our ever changing schedule) 6. One extra clip for coupons and miscellaneous 7. Notepad 8. Magnetic Paper Sorter (not shown-but you can see the tutorial on making one here).



My sister made me the boxes (magnetic of course) and cut paint sample swatches for me to write our fav foods on. She also made the wipe board calendar for us too.




The chore charts were my idea, simple wipe boards were used, small wooden circles, magnets, and a bit of paint too. I painted the chore pics on the circles and my son (age 6) painted the people: Dad, Mom, Bug and Cakes. His are cute, mine are ok: but they are easy for us to see what has been done or not.




Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment